Oct 18, 2011

Bad Sample: Jay-Z and Kanye West Sued For Copyright Infringement

Syl Johnson is suing Kanye West and Jay-Z for allegedly sampling music from the blues and soul singer slash producer. I don't know who the hell Syl is, but I'm guessing I'm too young to know what he's sang and probably too cool to listen to blues. Court papers say West was denied permission when he asked Syl if he could use his song for the My Dark Twisted Fantasy album. Now Jay-Z and West are being sued for using it on their Watch the Throne album. Apparently this isn't the first time Syl has sued someone for trying to steal his music. He's sued people like Kid Rock and Cypress Hill for similar reasons. I don't know why people can't just start accrediting people. How hard is it to write someone's name on the back of a fucking CD cover? I think the real person who should be mad here is Jay-Z because he copies one song and gets sued right away. Beyonce copies several choreography styles and doesn't get sued.

Photo: Killer Hip Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment