Feb 16, 2012

Big Words, Little People: Rosie O'Donnell In Trouble For Having A Fear Of Little People


On her very own talk show called The Rosie Show (clever title, by the way), Rosie O'Donnell admitted to having a fear of little people while interviewing her guest, Chelsea Handler. Handler also has her own talk show called Chelsea Lately and is actually the opposite of O'Donnell in that she has an obsession with little people. One would easily find that out by watching her show who starrs her dwarf assistant, Chuy Bravo. On her show, O'Donnell confesses, "I'm a little ashamed about it [but] I have a mild fear or anxiety around little people. The problem with me is I can't put the two things together. This is an adult person, a little person...it's so hard for me." Apparently that confession didn't go very well with an organization called The Little People of America. Now isn't that just the cutest thing you ever saw? The spokesman for LPA, Leah Smith, felt that O'Donnells statement was insulting and supplementary to "fear-based attitudes." As for Chelsea Handler, Smith regarded her statements as less problematic since she was comparing little people to children. After being asked if she has ever had sex with a dwarf, Handler answered, "No... That would be child abuse -- I would never do that!" Before I put my two sense in, I suggest you guys watch the video that I posted above and then come back to this exact spot. After watching the video, it sounds like Rosie O'Donnell meant no harm. If she did, that's because she's a comedian. She's not meant to be taken seriously. It's not like she said, "I gave a midget a dollar the other day. He looked a little short." Or, "A midget told me he wasn't happy so I asked him, "Then which of the seven dwarves are you?" These little people really need to grow up....

No comments:

Post a Comment