Jan 11, 2011

Too Hot For Pot: Mark Whalberg Says He's Done With Weed

Mark Wahlberg was at some film festival that I never heard of accepting an award and while giving his speech he mentioned that the award piece looks like a bong. Talk about having withdrawals... After mentioning that he said, "But I don't use those anymore." Of course he doesn't. Who the hell would admit that they smoke weed unless your Snoop Dogg? In an interview with Us Weekly, Wahlberg says he quit smoking because of his kids. He says, "One day, we were driving and you could smell it from somewhere. My daughter asked what the smell was so I told her it was a skunk. Then she said, 'Sometimes Daddy smells like that!' to me and my wife. So I knew I had to quit." That's understandable. I don't think any parent should be letting their kid know that they have someone just as great as Amy Winehouse for a parent. The part I don't understand is that Wahlberg also replaced partygoing on the weekends with churchgoing. I don't know why anyone would do this unless they were married to Angelina Jolie. I want to say that it's okay to have a little party every now and then if you have kids, but I'm not a parent and quite frankly I don't plan on changing that for the next 80 years. Don't get me wrong. I love kids. I have like 15 nephews and 27 second cousins, but I also have the luxury of saying, "go back to your mother." Either way, I remember my dad taking me out to his social gatherings where he had a few too many Budweisers and look at me. Not one thing is wrong with me. Right?

Photo: Knocked Up Celebs

1 comment: